Our Favorite Resources
- Showhope.org Stephen Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman inspire so many in the church to engage in caring for orphans. Their organization provides grants to couples seeking to adopt and offers help for children with special needs.
- AllGodsChildren.org All God’s Children International facilitates international and domestic adoptions. AGCI completes approximately 200 adoptions a year.
- Bethany.org is a national and international network facilitating adoption and addressing the needs of families who adopt.
- Abbafund.org promotes adoption through interest-free loans and other forms of assistance. Their website has great resources for adoptive parents.
- Projecthopeful.org educates, encourages and enables families and individuals to advocate for and adopt children with HIV/AIDS.
- Adopt without Debt, Julie Gumm “Adopting a child without going into debt really is possible. We have families that do it every day (and you can, too!). Julie’s book Adopt Without Debt is packed with resources, fresh income raising ideas and cost-saving spending habits – all of which are delivered by an author with successful first-hand experience and a heart for the widow and the orphan. Highly recommended!” --?Jennifer Newcomb, Communications Coordinator with Children’s Hope International
- The Power of Mercy, Jan Beazely “An unbelievable, but true, testimony of how God can guide and direct the surrendered hearts of those who long to follow their Lord. There is something significant in this story for you!”–Kay Arthur
- Passion for the Fatherless, Daniel Bennett “This is the best book I have ever read on the subject of caring for orphans. I hope that it will fill the gap between quoting James 1:27 actually being truly equipped by the church for orphan care through both sound theology and realistic, practical helps. God is doing great things through this book!” Anna Thorburn, reader
- Adopted for Life, Russell Moore "Russell Moore reminds us in his powerful book Adopted for Life that the true Christian family reaches far beyond the biological. The poignant tale of the adoption of two Russian orphans by him and his wife Maria grows into a metaphor of Christian salvation. This book offers both practical advice and courage to every couple considering adoption. For all readers, it shows how the act of adoption actually reveals core truths about the gospel of Christ." –Allan C. Carlson, President, the Howard Center for Family, Religion & Society
If you know of any additional adoption resources we should include on our site, please e-mail them to email@example.com